DE Microfine™ is DEO's premium food grade Diatomaceous Earth (natural amorphous silica). Mined and processed in Australia this is finer than our Superfine product being 100um and less it is light enough to be suspended in water it can be used in hundreds of applications – for families, insects, internal parasites, bed bugs, food and grain storage, all horticultural uses including foliar sprays, and for horses, chickens and all livestock. Containing a high level of soluble silica, DE Microfine™ is a completely natural, organic product.
The powder stays suspended in liquid for a long period so is able to be transported and used in a wide variety of applications. It can be easily added to liquid spraying systems.
The small particle size ensures that the availability of soluble silica is maximised.
SUITABILITY - livestock/pets/garden/home
Here are some common uses and applications of DE Microfine™ :
- Pest Control: DE Microfine™ is commonly used as an effective natural pest control agent. It works by physically damaging the exoskeletons of insects and pests, causing them to dehydrate and eventually die. It can be used to control a wide range of pests, including ants, fleas, bed bugs, cockroaches, and beetles. It is often applied in cracks, crevices, and areas where pests are likely to traverse. (Regular grade and Fine Grit grade can be an option in some instances)
- Agriculture and Gardening: DE Microfine™ is used in agriculture and gardening as a natural insecticide, particularly for organic farming practices. It helps control pests such as aphids, mites, thrips, and caterpillars. It can be applied to plants by dusting or spraying, providing a protective barrier that pests must crawl through, leading to their dehydration and death. It can be sprinkled to plant leaves by hand or by a Duster/applicator. (Regular and Superfine DE are the cheaper options)
- Pet Health Care: Being organic by nature DE is very safe to use for pets. It can be used to control fleas, ticks, mites, and other external parasites that can infest pets. When applied to the fur, DE can help eliminate these pests without the use of potentially harmful chemicals. Apply to pets by hand or use a Duster. Food-grade diatomaceous earth is also known to control internal parasites in pets, such as intestinal worms and keep your pets healthy. Some pet owners believe that DE can help improve digestion in pets. It is claimed that the high silica content in DE can promote healthier gastrointestinal function. Silica is a trace mineral that is believed to be important for the health of connective tissues, including those in the digestive system. However, there is limited scientific evidence to support these claims in pets.
- Personal Care and Beauty Products: In the beauty and personal care industry, DE Microfine™ is utilized in certain products such as toothpaste, facial scrubs, exfoliating creams, and deodorants. Its fine particles help to gently remove dead skin cells and impurities from the skin, leaving it smooth and refreshed. This can be effective with scabies to be used as a body talc. (Super Fine Grit grade can be an option)
- Grain preservation: When it comes to storing grains, the primary concern is preventing the growth of insects, pests, and mold that can damage or contaminate the stored grains. Diatomaceous earth is often used as a natural and non-toxic method of grain protection. This can be used to control weevils in grains. Overall, the use of diatomaceous earth in silos and grains provides a natural, chemical-free, and environmentally friendly approach to preserving grain quality and preventing infestations, making it a popular choice in the agricultural and food industries.
NB: The DE may be stored indefinitely in an airtight container, or in a cool, dry place. DE has no expiry date.
Please refer to specifications for more information.
Particle size: Powder to 100um
Colour : Beige or off-white
Taste : Muddy/earthy flavour
This product is animal FOOD GRADE, UNADULTERATED & ORGANIC
Can be ingested but not recommend.
Suitable to use with the our Dusting applicator
DE Microfine9 December 2022I make my own aromatherapy products, from shampoo to body butter to pulse perfume, using essential oils. I made a deodorant using baking soda, but found it gave me a rash, so decided to try diatomaceous earth instead. Love it! No more rash. It makes a lovely, smooth paste. I’m looking forward to exploring other uses for this great product. Kind regards, Doris Adulcikas
Happy2 November 2021Hello there this be Kim, i am very very impressed with how DE has halved the numbers of our outdoor ant problem, we had a plague of them, dogs, cats, chooks thank-you too as no more dancing around the yard coz of ants crawling all over you, it only took about a week to sort them, i now sprinkle DE around every few days which is keeping them at bay, i am using it for animal beds, animal-chooks water bowls, carpet, a little in watering can for indoor plants, a little in glass of water for us, in dog bath etc, works 100% very happy with DE, big thank-you guys from our animals as well, life is much easier without plagues of ants both in and outside, Kim.
Sweet Relief9 November 2020Magic stuff killed the bed-bugs in my flat .. Spray, dry, vacuum, repeat. Three days....gone! After months of shame and sleepless anguish...and without horrific poisons in my home. I only wish I'd known earlier. Thank you D-Earth.
love diatomaceous earth3 April 2019, I love Diatomaceous Earth....i have been using food grade for myself for a very long time....on purchasing the large bag...was to apply to all my animals and my garden....my dogs are given it every night in their food......the chooks.....my garden and ½ bag is for my daughters horses...so I think in every way you can use it I do......Thankyou....i love the fact it covers so many health areas without the use of toxic chemicals... Maree